Judging by the slew of filings and launches in recent months, bond ETFs are the It Fund this year. With that, State Street Global Advisors has designs to launch seven bond funds that span both public and private sectors.
State Street Global Advisors is planning on launching several bond focused ETFs that will join a flood of new bond ETFs hitting the market. The new funds will span both the public and private sectors, and some will be a truly unique twist on the corporate bond space, focusing on specific industries.
Oliver Ludwig for Index Universe reports that the planned ETFs are:
- SPDR S&P Agency Bond ETF
- SPDR Barclays Capital Corporate Bond ETF
- SPDR Barclays Capital Corporate Industrial Bond ETF
- SPDR Barclays Capital Corporate Financial Bond ETF
- SPDR Barclays Capital Corporate Utilities Bond ETF
- SPDR Barclays Capital Zero Coupon Bond ETF
- SPDR Barclays Capital CMBS ETF
Fixed-income funds have drawn many investors that prefer the types of funds that do well when interest rates are rising. Rates are going to go up again at some point as the economy recovers and business activity resumes.
Leveraged ETF provider ProShares is out this week with the first single inverse ETFs offering exposure to China, the U.S. real estate market and the U.S. basic materials sector. The funds seek to provide 100% inverse performance on an index on a daily basis. The new funds are:
- ProShares Short FTSE/Xinhua China 25 (YXI)
- ProShares Short Real Estate (REK)
- ProShares Short Basic Materials (SBM)