Dear SA PRO subscriber,
This is your daily report for Thursday, January 16, with today's top long and short ideas available only to SA PRO subscribers.
Exclusive Top Ideas
- HealthStream: $15 By 2015, by Terry Lally. Buysider Lally says HSTM's limited niche and decelerating revenue growth could cause the market to reconsider its high, SaaS-like multiple, leading to 55% downside. Exclusive until 9:30 AM today.
- REX Energy - Group Swoon Provides Rare Opportunity, by Steve Zachritz. REXX's recent slide makes for a compelling long opportunity, as unenthusiastic guidance has been overdiscounted by the market. Exclusive until 10:00 AM today.
- CGI Group: Cookie Jar Accounting And The Logica Acquisition (Part I), by Reid D. Notes. A buysider raises questions about accounting practices at GIB - the lead contractor for healthcare.gov - as part of the short case against the Canadian IT provider. Exclusive until 3:00 PM today.
Stock Movers and Great Calls
Top long and short ideas regularly move stocks and identify stocks that are about to move. Some notable recent calls subscribers had early access to:
- On December 9, Trading the Spread called Brazilian jet manufacturer Embraer a contrarian value play with a compelling valuation, with a stock price 30% undervalued relative to peers. Shares are +13.4% since. Read article »
- Another great call came from another large-cap foreign stock: Germany's Commerzbank, which Helix Investment Research called out on November 1 as set to break out, as long-running concerns finally began to fade. The stock is +45.9% to date. Read article »
To Come Today
Don't forget to check your new SA PRO dashboard during market hours today for the latest Top Ideas.
SA PRO Editors
The SA PRO team is Eli Hoffmann (Editor in Chief), Daniel Shvartsman (Managing Editor), Michael McDonald, Jeffrey Fischer, and Vince Martin (Senior PRO Editors). You can reach us at email@example.com.