Dear SA PRO Subscriber,
This is your daily report for Tuesday, January 21, with today's top long and short ideas available only to SA Pro subscribers.
Top Ideas Earnings Reports
Earnings season begins in earnest this week. The following Top Ideas are among those with earnings releases scheduled:
- Forest Laboratories reports before the open. Shares are up 60% since Buddy Lyons, CFA, said it was finally time to buy FRX again back in October, with much of the gain seen in the wake of the company's acquisition of Aptalis earlier this month. Read article »
- In September, Mike Arnold pegged Interactive Brokers not only as a stock to buy, but his new broker to use to buy it; they report fourth quarter and full-year earnings after the close Tuesday. Read article »
- Regions Financial releases earnings before the open; on December 18, Helix Investment Research highlighted the bank as a strong play on a recovery in the South, and noted potential improvements in capital returns, which could be hinted at or revealed on Tuesday morning. Read article »
- Microcap community bank AmeriServ financial reports Wednesday; Intangible Valuation called the stock out back in July, as a well-capitalized and undervalued regional financial. Read article »
- Ashleigh Rogers highlighted another regional financial last week: East West Bancorp, which will update investors on the success of its unique, immigrant-focused business model after the close. Read article »
- Shares of networking company Zhone have risen over 150% since Inflection Point Investing laid out the bull case in July; but they still trade roughly 50% below his target price and could continue their bull run with a strong report after the bell Wednesday. Read article »
- Chipmaker Altera reports after the bell Thursday; back in August, tech expert Ashraf Eassa projected 20-40% upside thanks to a deal with Intel. Shares have not yet cooperated, but Thursday's report could be a catalyst. Read article »
- A month later, Eassa pounded the table for another chipmaker, Cypress Semiconductor; it too, releases earnings on Thursday, ahead of the market open. Read article »
- Shares of Janus Capital Group have gained nearly 50% since Ariana Research recommended the stock based continued growth in its assets under management, and relative undervaluation. Thursday's pre-market report will shed new light on the company's growth path. Read article »
- Charter Financial reports on Friday; back in October it, too, was covered by Ariana Research, who highlighted its conversion to a thrift bank and its discount to book value - a discount that still persists. Read article »
Stock Movers and Great Calls
Top long and short ideas regularly move stocks and identify stocks that are about to move. Some notable recent calls subscribers had early access to:
- On December 30, Buddy Lyons, CFA called a sharp plunge in shares of Tesaro (TSRO) an overreaction to disappointing Phase III trial results, and a buying opportunity for patient investors. The stock has indeed rebounded, now +17.2% since. Read article »
- Money Trees predicted triple-digit upside for micro-cap security solutions provider Costar Technologies (OTCPK:CSTI) back in September, as its valuation was far too cheap by any metric. Four months later, shares are +109.2% to date. Read article »
To Come Today
Don't forget to check your SA Pro dashboard during market hours today for the latest Top Ideas.
SA PRO Editors
The SA PRO team is Eli Hoffmann (Editor in Chief), Daniel Shvartsman (Managing Editor), Michael McDonald, Jeffrey Fischer, and Vince Martin (Senior PRO Editors). You can reach us at email@example.com.