Dear SA PRO subscriber,
This is your daily report for Friday, January 31, with today's top long and short ideas available only to SA PRO subscribers.
Exclusive Top Ideas
- Dawson Geophysical Company: Piling Cash To The Ceiling, by Steven Reiman. Seismic recording company DWSN has spent more than its market cap on expansion and upgrades, yet retains a strong balance sheet, which could support 100% upside. Exclusive until 9:30 AM today.
- Fiesta Restaurant Group: Balance Sheet Recapitalization Creates Upside To Estimates, by Shaun Currie, CFA. A secondary equity issuance establishes a strong base for further growth for FRGI, which offers 30%+ upside versus 10% downside. Exclusive until 10:00 AM today.
Top Small and Mid-Cap Research
The PRO research library now contains 5,467 PRO Articles covering 3,366 different stocks, with over 67,000 comments on those articles. The Research library features our Top Ideas as well as our top research on undercovered small and mid-cap stocks. Here are a few recent highlights of our top research:
- TransEnterix' entry into the surgical robot market could make the small-cap company a formidable competitor for market leader Intuitive Surgical, writes Matthew Charles Fox. Read article »
- OPAP SA has a monopoly on gambling in Greece, and represents a leveraged - but protected - play on a rebound in the Greek economy, says Jeffrey Dow Jones. Read article »
- Ashleigh Rogers notes that NeuStar shares plummeted today as its number portability contract appears to be lost; but an opportunity for long-term investors may be coming. Read article »
Stock Movers and Great Calls
Top long and short ideas regularly move stocks and identify stocks that are about to move. Some notable recent calls subscribers had early access to:
- On Tuesday, Chris Bunge and Cabeza Howe both laid out the bull case for desalination provider Energy Recovery, with each seeing an inflection point for the business - and the stock - in the second half of the year. Shares are +10.2% since. Read first article » Read second article »
- In July, Stephen Simpson, CFA, said that investors were ignoring the potential of the mobile and server businesses for Lenovo. After buying Motorola from Google and a server unit from IBM this week, the stock is now +45.5% to date. Read article »
To Come Today
Don't forget to check your SA PRO dashboard during market hours today for the latest Top Ideas.
SA PRO Editors
The SA PRO team is Eli Hoffmann (Editor in Chief), Daniel Shvartsman (Managing Editor), Michael McDonald, Jeffrey Fischer, and Vince Martin (Senior PRO Editors). You can reach us at email@example.com.