I just got this email and had to share. There are some pretty amazing facts about Wal-Mart (WMT) here (assuming all are true).
1. Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart every hour of every day.
2. This works out to $20,928 in profit every minute!
3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1st to St. Patrick’s Day (March 17th) than Target (TGT) sells all year.
5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people and is the largest private Employer, and most speak English.
6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the world.
7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger & Safeway (SWY) combined (keep in mind they did this in only 15 years).
8. During this same period, 31 supermarket chains sought bankruptcy.
9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.
10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had 5 years ago.
11. This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at a Wal-Mart store. (Earth’s population is approximately 6.5 Billion.)
12. Some 90% of all Americans live within 15 miles of a Wal-Mart. (..except in Los Angeles!!)