Dear SA PRO Subscriber,
This is your daily report for Monday, February 3, with today's top long and short ideas available only to SA Pro subscribers.
Top Ideas Earnings Reports
Earnings season continues in earnest this week. The following Top Ideas are among those with earnings releases scheduled:
- Tech expert Ashraf Eassa said in early January that investors should look for a return to growth for Peregrine Semiconductor in 2014; they report FY13 earnings after the bell Monday. Read article »
- DAG1996 detailed the restructuring at diversified industrial Standex International on January 2; the company will update the market on its progress before the market opens. Read article »
- On Thursday, Steven Reiman laid out the bull case for seismic imaging company Dawson Geophysical, which sits atop a growing cash pile and is generating impressive growth. They report fiscal first quarter earnings on Tuesday morning. Read article »
- Atwood Oceanics releases its fiscal Q1 earnings after the close Tuesday; in November, Power Hedge detailed the company's impressive earnings potential not yet priced in by the market. Read article »
- In November, Shaun Currie, CFA, said Buffalo Wild Wings' ongoing growth and new initiatives would keep the stock flying high; they report full-year 2013 results after the bell Tuesday. Read article »
- ATMI reports before the open; analyst Chris Bunge said in November the stock was on the cusp of a major revaluation. Read article »
- Mike Arnold called Ambassadors Group a classic "cigar butt" stock in September; investors will find out on Wednesday morning if there are any puffs left. Read article »
- On January 23, Whopper Investments projected a higher bid for acquisition target SWS Group; the company releases earnings after the bell Wednesday and will likely discuss the unsolicited buyout proposal in a call on Thursday morning. Read article »
- Stephen Simpson, CFA, highlighted the potential operating leverage at ON Semiconductor, if the company could right its ship. The stock has shown some improvement ahead of full-year 2013 earnings after the bell Thursday. Read article »
- Fund manager Steamboat Capital laid out the short case for LifeVantage in December, citing declining growth as a key downside catalyst. The company reports after the close Thursday. Read article ».
Stock Movers and Great Calls
Top long and short ideas regularly move stocks and identify stocks that are about to move. Some notable recent calls subscribers had early access to:
- Energy expert Richard Zeits' first call on Penn Virginia returned over 100%; he reiterated his bullish stance on December 2, and shares have continued to rise, now +11.6% since his second 'buy' call. Read article »
- On October 30, Christopher Owens dug into healthcare analysis firm National Research Corp. and discovered a massive mispricing between the company's 'A' and 'B's shares. While Class A shares have actually dropped ~10% since, Owens's recommended B shares are +45% to date. Read article »
To Come Today
Don't forget to check your SA Pro dashboard during market hours today for the latest Top Ideas.
SA PRO Editors
The SA PRO team is Eli Hoffmann (Editor in Chief), Daniel Shvartsman (Managing Editor), Michael McDonald, Jeffrey Fischer, and Vince Martin (Senior PRO Editors). You can reach us at email@example.com.