Dear SA PRO subscriber,
This is your daily report for Tuesday, February 4, with today's top long and short ideas available only to SA PRO subscribers.
Exclusive Top Ideas
- RF Micro Devices: A Return To Growth Set To Reward Shareholders, by Helix Investment Research. Below the surface of seemingly mediocre results, margin expansion and a bullish tone from management set the table for 40%+ upside in RFMD. Exclusive until 9:30 AM today.
- Apollo Growth Has A Unique Growth Engine, by Ashleigh Rogers. APO is generating outstanding investment returns, and has unique catalysts from its relationship with insurer Athene. Exclusive until 12;30 PM today.
Top Small and Mid-Cap Research
The PRO research library now contains 5,510 PRO Articles covering 3,378 different stocks, with over 68,000 comments on those articles. The Research library features our Top Ideas as well as our top research on undercovered small and mid-cap stocks. Here are a few recent highlights of our top research:
- Proppant provider CARBO Ceramics is well-positioned for growth as oil & gas fracking continues apace and a new product could provide a near-monopoly on the top end of the market, writes Itinerant. Read article »
- Andrew Henckler, CFA, says The Pantry Inc. is overleveraged and overvalued. Read article »
- A settlement with two major pharma companies is a net negative for PDL Biopharma, writes Paolo Santos, as the company's revenues now appear set to dry up as soon as 2016. Read article »
Stock Movers and Great Calls
Top long and short ideas regularly move stocks and identify stocks that are about to move. Some notable recent calls subscribers had early access to:
- Buysider Igor Novgorodtsev called Internet security specialist Commtouch a compelling acquisition target in late December, as its own string of acquisitions were finally being integrated, re-making the company as a high-margin cloud play. Shares are +31% since. Read article »
- On October 2, Unconventional Capital Wisdom told investors to forget Prem Watsa's interest in BlackBerry and instead follow his large stake in Resolute Forest Products. RFP has easily outpaced the gains in Watsa's more well-known position, and is now +40.7% to date. Read article »
To Come Today
Don't forget to check your SA PRO dashboard during market hours today for the latest Top Ideas.
SA PRO Editors
The SA PRO team is Eli Hoffmann (Editor in Chief), Daniel Shvartsman (Managing Editor), Michael McDonald, Jeffrey Fischer, and Vince Martin (Senior PRO Editors). You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.