Dear SA PRO Subscriber,
This is your daily report for Tuesday, February 18, with today's top long and short ideas available only to SA Pro subscribers.
Exclusive Top Ideas
- Straightening Out Auxilium Pharma's Value, by Chris DeMuth Jr. AUXL's recent FDA drug approval should lead to significant profits and a possible acquisition of the company, with as much as 50% upside. Exclusive until 9:30 AM tomorrow.
Top Ideas Earnings Reports
Earnings season continues this week. The following Top Ideas are among those with earnings releases scheduled:
- Buysider Terry Lally laid out the short case for Healthstream last month, seeing a 55% decline as the company's SaaS-like multiple contracted amidst slowing top- and bottom-line growth. The company reports after the bell Tuesday, with its conference call on Wednesday morning. Read article »
- Helix Investment Research laid out the bull case for semiconductor equipment maker Photronics in August; the company reports after the close Tuesday. Read article »
- On December 30, Buddy Lyons, CFA argued that the market had overreacted to disappointing Phase III trial results from Tesaro. The company will release earnings after the close and likely update investors on its flagship drug Rolapitant. Read article »
- Energy expert Richard Zeits updated his first successful call on Eagle Ford operator Penn Virginia in December; PVA reports after the bell. Read article »
- Ariana Research recommended a short position in Lumber Liquidators in late September; the company releases full-year results before the open Wednesday. Read article »
- Micro and Small Cap Reporter laid out the bull case for AVG Technologies in November, as the company was facing selling pressure to a variety of fears; they report after the bell Wednesday. Read article »
- In December, Paolo Santos highlighted the significant mispricing at REIT manager Altisource Asset Management; the company reports Thursday morning. Read article »
- Aesthetic device maker Syneron-Candela reports before the bell; Value Advisors argued the stock was a strong buy in late December. Read article »
Stock Movers and Great Calls
Top long and short ideas regularly move stocks and identify stocks that are about to move. Some notable recent calls subscribers had early access to:
- On December 16, Stephen Simpson, CFA, argued that copper miner First Quantum Minerals was trading at an "appealing price," as growing production and declining cash costs underpinned the bull case. Shares are +19.3% to date. Read article »
- In April, fund manager Thomas Finser predicted a sharp turnaround for laser vision correction specialist LCA-Vision. After a buyout offer on Thursday, the stock may have more room to run, as it trades above the offer price and is now +61.9% since. Read article »
To Come Today
Don't forget to check your SA Pro dashboard during market hours today for the latest Top Ideas.
SA PRO Editors
The SA PRO team is Eli Hoffmann (Editor in Chief), Daniel Shvartsman (Managing Editor), Michael McDonald, Jeffrey Fischer, and Vince Martin (Senior PRO Editors). You can reach us at email@example.com.