Most emerging market companies pay very low dividends or don’t pay any dividends at all. However there are stocks which pay above average yields. The following five Latin American stocks have over 5% dividend yields as of the market close yesterday. It must be noted that dividend payments from emerging market companies can be highly volatile. Tax consequences for foreign dividend income have to be considered as well before jumping into these stocks.
1. Company: Alto Palermo (NASDAQ:APSA)
Current Dividend Yield: 6.92%
Sector: Real Estate Operations
2. Company: YPF SA (NYSE:YPF)
Current Dividend Yield: 6.37%
Sector: Oil & Gas - Integrated
3. Company: CorpBanca SA (BCA)
Current Dividend Yield: 8.26%
4. Company: Banco de Chile (NYSE:BCH)
Current Dividend Yield: 6.40%
5. Company: Administradora de Fondos de Pensiones Provida SA (NYSE:PVD)
Current Dividend Yield: 7.10%
Note: Data is known to be accurate at the time of posting. Please do your own research before making any investment decisions.