Dear SA PRO subscriber,
This is your daily report for Wednesday, February 19, with today's top long and short ideas available only to SA PRO subscribers.
Exclusive Top Ideas
- NTS Realty Holdings: Settlement Paves Way For 8.5% Arbitrage Return, by Yuanxi Zhang. Special situations investor Zhang sees a clear path to NLP's go-private deal, but the continuing spread between the trading price and the offer price leaves an opportunity. Exclusive until 9:30 AM today.
- Destiny Media's Problem Child, by Keubiko. A recent drop in shares of DSNY is just the beginning, as a poor competitive position and recent financial struggles leave little room for optimism. Exclusive until 9:45 AM today.
- Buying Opportunity In Walter Investment Management: Sooner Or Later The Limbo Will Stop, by Ashleigh Rogers. WAC has sold off fears about its mortgage origination volume, but the company should make substantial profits even if that volume remains subdued. Exclusive until 12:00 PM today.
- Why Omega Protein Should Be In Your Portfolio, by Igor Novgorodtsev. Severe weather in South America should push up fish meal prices, driving 50% upside at OME with little downside risk. Exclusive until 12:30 PM today.
- Air Canada: Finding Value With Our Friends To The North, by Helix Investment Research. AIDIF has flown high of late, but the abatement of currency headwinds and fleet expansion costs should let shares soar going forward. 70%+ upside. Exclusive until 1:00 PM today.
Top Small and Mid-Cap Research
The PRO research library now contains 5,804 PRO Articles covering 3,464 different stocks, with over 72,000 comments on those articles. The Research library features our Top Ideas as well as our top research on undercovered small and mid-cap stocks. Here are a few recent highlights of our top research:
- Expiring royalties and a high but unsustainable dividend drive the short case for PDL Biopharma, writes Value Beacon. Read article »
- Pharmaceutical expert Dr. Paul Nunzio DeSantis, Pharm.D, says recent calls from industry giants confirm the potential of pSivida's Iluvien. Read article »
- Former bull Black Gold turns bearish in the wake of Lucas Energy's most recent 10-Q. Read article »
Stock Movers and Great Calls
Top long and short ideas regularly move stocks and identify stocks that are about to move. Some notable recent calls subscribers had early access to:
- On January 6, Trading the Spread called out automotive supplier TRW Automotive as a high flyer that still had room to run. After a strong Q4 report, shares hit an all-time high and are now +12% since the call. Read article »
- Buddy Lyons, CFA, said in October that it was finally time for investors to buy Forest Laboratories, as a broader, lower-risk drug pipeline was set to drive the stock higher. After a $25B buyout offer from Actavis yesterday, the stock is now +111.9% to date. Read article »
To Come Today
Don't forget to check your SA PRO dashboard during market hours today for the latest Top Ideas.
SA PRO Editors
The SA PRO team is Eli Hoffmann (Editor in Chief), Daniel Shvartsman (Managing Editor), Michael McDonald, Jeffrey Fischer, and Vince Martin (Senior PRO Editors). You can reach us at email@example.com.