Dear SA PRO subscriber,
This is your daily report for Thursday, February 20, with today's top long and short ideas available only to SA PRO subscribers.
Exclusive Top Ideas
- The Golden Short: Midway Gold Should Be Worth Half Its Current Price, by Wall Street Advisors. A secondary issuance seems likely to instigate a reversal of recent bullishness on MDW. Exclusive until 9:30 AM today.
- Resource America: Reaching A Tipping Point, by Alpha Gen Capital. REXI's complicated REIT structure obscures a simple thesis: operating leverage will drive margin expansion and earnings growth, resulting in nearly 50% near-term upside. Exclusive until 3:00 PM today.
Top Small and Mid-Cap Research
The PRO research library now contains 5,830 PRO Articles covering 3,471 different stocks, with over 73,000 comments on those articles. The Research library features our Top Ideas as well as our top research on undercovered small and mid-cap stocks. Here are a few recent highlights of our top research:
- EnhydrisPECorp says the biotech sector may be nearing a top, as evidenced by the market's bullish reaction to bad news from MannKind and Prana Biotechnology. Read article »
- Education expert David Waldron calls out National American University Holdings as a small-cap company moving counter to bearish industry trends. Read article »
- Whopper Investments updates a successful merger-related call on SWS Group, and says the new offer may lead to a bidding war. Read article »
Stock Movers and Great Calls
Top long and short ideas regularly move stocks and identify stocks that are about to move. Some notable recent calls subscribers had early access to:
- On January 27, BuyTheDip SellTheRip called out video conferencing specialist Polycom as a 2013 laggard set to outpace the market in 2014, based on cost-cutting, share buybacks, and the introduction of new products. Shares are +10.6% since. Read article »
- Dennis Beaudet cited a massively undervalued concession in Kenya in recommending oil and gas explorer Taipan Resources in December; after an updated resource estimate showed a nearly 4x gain in prospective resources, the stock is now +86.6% to date. Read article »
To Come Today
Don't forget to check your SA PRO dashboard during market hours today for the latest Top Ideas.
SA PRO Editors
The SA PRO team is Eli Hoffmann (Editor in Chief), Daniel Shvartsman (Managing Editor), Michael McDonald, Jeffrey Fischer, and Vince Martin (Senior PRO Editors). You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.