Dear SA PRO subscriber,
This is your daily report for Wednesday, February 26, with today's top long and short ideas available only to SA PRO subscribers.
Exclusive Top Ideas
- Ambac Financial: Several Potential Drivers For Large Gains, by Alpha Gen Capital. The recovery of loss reserves and the value of net operating loss carryforwards provide potential upside, while AMBC's risks appear to be overstated by the market. Exclusive until 9:30 AM today.
- Should Sterling Construction Company Be Given Another Chance?, by Igor Novgorodtsev. Civil construction firm STRL has been poorly run, but new management and the end of low-margin projects could mean a return to profitability. Exclusive until 9:45 AM today.
Top Small and Mid-Cap Research
The PRO research library now contains 5,942 PRO Articles covering 3,510 different stocks, with over 74,000 comments on those articles. The Research library features our Top Ideas as well as our top research on undercovered small and mid-cap stocks. Here are a few recent highlights of our top research:
- The Critical Investor takes the other side of the trade on Midway Gold, arguing that the bear case has serious flaws. Read article »
- The recent acquisition of CircuLite will strengthen the pipeline and addressable market for HeartWare, writes Andy Batts. Read article »
- Kenny Yang sees upside at Tim Hortons, buoyed by new branding, prudent expansion, and shareholder-friendly policies. Read article »
Stock Movers and Great Calls
Top long and short ideas regularly move stocks and identify stocks that are about to move. Some notable recent calls subscribers had early access to:
- On January 8, Shaun Currie, CFA, said Monster Worldwide had multiple ways to provide strong returns to its shareholders. Shares are +15.2% since. Read article »
- In September, Mike Arnold called out Chinese media company Bona Film Group as a cheap growth stock, whose vertically integrated model was creating an ever-widening moat. After a recent breakout, the stock is now +53.9% to date. Read article »
To Come Today
Don't forget to check your SA PRO dashboard during market hours today for the latest Top Ideas.
SA PRO Editors
The SA PRO team is Eli Hoffmann (Editor in Chief), Daniel Shvartsman (Managing Editor), Michael McDonald, Jeffrey Fischer, and Vince Martin (Senior PRO Editors). You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.