Today’s Top Ideas
Released at 5:00 am, March 21. PRO subscribers get an exclusive early look at these ideas for 24 hours. Top Ideas often move stocks during the initial 72 hours after publication.
- Tuesday Morning (Short, Busted Model): TUES's shares continue to run ahead of its turnaround efforts, and given the ongoing challenges and shares' high valuation, 30% downside is possible, says Volte-Face Investments.
- Willi-Food International (Long, Value): The market misread WILC's insider sale, creating a value opportunity as the possibility of a go-private move looms, says Igor Novgorodtsev.
Academic Study Shows Seeking Alpha's Predictive Power
- A recent academic study found that Seeking Alpha articles and comments were predictive of future stock prices and earnings surprises.
- These findings held over all time-frames studied, from one month to three years.
- The study did not find that traditional media, sell-side research, and other social platforms had similar predictive value.
- For more details, read the study »
- Read The Wall Street Journal's article about the study »
- Read Seeking Alpha Editor-in-Chief Eli Hoffmann's summary »
Today’s PRO research (tickers link to new articles)
- New coverage: BDE, CIG, DOV, GFN, GNW, INGIY, KN, VE, VICR
- Ongoing coverage: AR, CACH, CBK, KMG, MFRM, MNDJF, NES, NUVA, NVIV, PACB, TGB
The PRO research library now covers 3,645 stocks. To filter PRO research by sector, industry, market cap, and long/short, use the PRO Dashboard.
PRO ideas playing out
- On February 5, BuyTheDip SellTheRip called Acme United a boring company, but a compelling stock, based on a recent acquisition, cost savings, and a cheap valuation. Shares are +18.5% to date. Read article »
- Stephen Simpson called out ingredient maker Senomyx in November, seeing a partnership with PepsiCo and new products leading to growth and explosive upside. The stock is +157.7% since. Read article »
To Come Today
Don't forget to check your SA PRO dashboard for the latest additions to our Research Library.
SA PRO Editors
The SA PRO team is Eli Hoffmann (Editor in Chief), Daniel Shvartsman (Managing Editor), Michael McDonald, Jeffrey Fischer, and Vince Martin (Senior PRO Editors). You can reach us at email@example.com.