Today’s Top Ideas
Released at 5:00 am, April 1. PRO subscribers get an exclusive early look at these ideas for 24 hours. Top Ideas often move stocks during the initial 72 hours after publication.
- Highway Holdings (Long, Restructuring): HIHO is off to work in Myanmar, and the stock price has yet to reflect the cost savings, says Igor Novgorodtsev.
First Quarter Review
A look at returns to date from Top Ideas in the first quarter by month of publication (short returns refer to stock price):
- January: Average long idea +2.66%; average short idea -5.47%
- February: Average long idea +8.77%; average short idea -7.99%
- March: Average long idea +3.79%; average short idea -1.41%
As a point of reference, the year-to-date return of the S&P 500 is +1.30%.
Today’s PRO research (tickers link to new articles)
- New coverage: ACI, ASPS, EXMGF, GLGI, NTN
- Ongoing coverage: ADES, ANAC, AXX, BCEI, BTU, DANG, GSL, HTA, KOG, LTM, PAFRF, PCCRF, POWR, RMAX, SNCAF, THRM, TORXF, TUES, VGMNF
The PRO research library now covers 3,693 stocks. To filter PRO research by sector, industry, market cap, and long/short, use the PRO Dashboard.
PRO ideas playing out
- On March 4, Michael Filloon laid out the bull case for higher frac sand pricing in the Bakken, and projected upside for U.S. Silica. Shares are +13.4% to date. Read article »
- Richard Zeits saw further gains for Clayton Williams Energy in October, as its acreage in emerging plays built a runway for explosive growth. The stock is +57.6% since. Read article »
To Come Today
Don't forget to check your SA PRO dashboard for the latest additions to our Research Library.
SA PRO Editors
The SA PRO team is Eli Hoffmann (Editor in Chief), Daniel Shvartsman (Managing Editor), Michael McDonald, Jeffrey Fischer, and Vince Martin (Senior PRO Editors). You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.