Recent Top Comment Streams
As discussed in a recent WSJ article, a recent academic study found that Seeking Alpha articles and comments were predictive of future stock prices and earnings surprises. Here are a few recent comment streams on PRO articles that stand out.
- Weight Watchers: An extensive discussion on whether WTW is a classic contrarian play or a value trap developed after Intangible Valuation's article on the company.
- Fortress Paper: A similar back-and-forth emerged about Fortress Paper's status in light of Munich Value Investments' bull case, with questions focused on future dissolving pulp pricing and macro issues swirling around the stock.
- Sequans Communications: Fund manager Edward Schneider's post drew a response from a co-founder of one of Sequans's biggest private competitors.
- BFC Financial: The complex story detailed by contributor Special Situations led to a detailed follow-on discussion about the various quirks and risks in the situation.
- Midstates Petroleum: Energy expert Richard Zeits's article on the departure of MPO's CEO served as a jumping-off point for a discussion about SD and MPO's potential (or lack thereof) as acquisition targets.
Today’s PRO research (tickers link to new articles)
- New coverage: DRTX, FGMGQ, ITI, VSAR
- Ongoing coverage: AIR, ARC, BBG, CPHC, HXM, LPSN, MXWL, TSEM, UPL, WCC
The PRO research library now covers 3,698 stocks. To filter PRO research by sector, industry, market cap, and long/short, use the PRO Dashboard.
PRO ideas playing out
- On March 3, Trading the Spread cited new management and potential acquisitions in recommending The Providence Service Corporation. After huge gains yesterday in the wake of a well-received purchase, shares are +41.8% to date. Read article »
- Igor Novgorodtsev called out Perma-Fix in August, seeing signs of life in a stock that had been left for dead by the market. The stock is +87.5% since. Read article »
To Come Today
Don't forget to check your SA PRO dashboard for the latest additions to our Research Library.
SA PRO Editors
The SA PRO team is Eli Hoffmann (Editor in Chief), Daniel Shvartsman (Managing Editor), Michael McDonald, Jeffrey Fischer, and Vince Martin (Senior PRO Editors). You can reach us at email@example.com.