(all percentage changes and comparisons are year on
year, unless stated otherwise, assumes currency conversion of RMB 8.27:
Revenue rose 30%
to $6.6 billion.
- EBITDA rose 22% to $3.6 billion.
- EBITDA margin decreased to 54% from 57.6%.
- Net income increased 19.8% to $1.36 billion.
- Nomura International projected net income of $1.44 billion.
- Merrill Lynch projected net income of $1.39 billion - $1.45 billion.
Bertrand Chui, an analyst at ICEA Securities:
....the disclosure for quarterly results aren't as
detailed as interim or final results, thus the market doesn't pay as
much attention unless there are some major surprises.
Q4 Subscriber Results:
- Added 9.58 million subscribers, bringing its total to 213.87 million.
- Mobile subscribers using mobile-data services rose 11% sequentially to 174.0 million.
Comment: Intense competition in the wireless space was cited.
China Mobile's stock market performance: