Today's Top Ideas
Released at 5:00 am, April 14. PRO subscribers get an exclusive early look at these ideas for 24 hours. Top Ideas often move stocks during the initial 72 hours after publication.
- 1347 Property Insurance Holdings (Long, Contrarian): The market has left PIH for dead after an underwhelming IPO. However, reinsurance specifications suggest the risk/reward is reasonable with 50-100% upside, writes Alpha Gen Capital.
- Kodiak Oil And Gas (Long, GARP): KOG's focused drilling inventory and a tighter spending plan set up a nice upside opportunity, says Richard Zeits.
Today’s PRO research (tickers link to new articles)
- New coverage: ATRI, CCK, CG, FKWL, PBHC, PCP, STST, UNM, WLT
- Ongoing coverage: BOFI, FBIZ, MLAB, NCR, URS, VITC, WTW
The PRO research library now covers 3,742 stocks. To filter PRO research by sector, industry, market cap, and long/short, use the PRO Dashboard.
PRO ideas playing out
- On March 7, Nassarius Capital recommended Zygo Corporation, arguing that a strong cash balance, increasing margins, and a major hedge fund investment would serve as catalysts for upside going forward. The shares are +26.2% since, as the company was purchased by Ametek on Friday. Read article »
- CFA Stephen Simpson called out Argentinian agricultural company Cresud in July, arguing that the stock's discount to fair value more than made up for its country-level risk factors. The stock is +44.8% since. Read article »
SA PRO Editors
The SA PRO team is Eli Hoffmann (Editor in Chief), Daniel Shvartsman (Managing Editor), Michael McDonald, Jeffrey Fischer, and Vince Martin (Senior PRO Editors). You can reach us at email@example.com.
Editor's Note: This article covers one or more stocks trading at less than $1 per share and/or with less than a $100 million market cap. Please be aware of the risks associated with these stocks.