Today's Top Ideas
Released at 5:00 am, April 16. PRO subscribers get an exclusive early look at these ideas for 24 hours. Top Ideas often move stocks during the initial 72 hours after publication.
- Ignite Restaurant Group (Long, Deep Value): Shaun Currie, CFA, says that stabilization in the Macaroni Grill concept will remove the current negative valuation the market places on the business, and unlock 45%+ upside thanks to growth elsewhere.
- Staples (Long, Value): An overreaction to the Q4 report, industry consolidation, and a growing e-commerce business could mean 50% upside for Staples, writes CDM Capital.
- VASCO Data Security (Long, Growth): Dr. Hugh Akston writes that the Heartbleed bug crystallizes the market opportunity for VDSI, and the European turnaround should remove the overhang on shares.
Today’s PRO research (tickers link to new articles)
- New coverage: BAP, COLFF, CORT, EVDY, GWGWF
- Ongoing coverage: CATC, EQU, LQDT, OZRK, PCYG, SNMX, WEX, XL
The PRO research library now covers 3,758 stocks. To filter PRO research by sector, industry, market cap, and long/short, use the PRO Dashboard.
PRO ideas playing out
- On February 10, Simple Insights called telecom supplier Clearfield a nice company, but one whose business model did not support its growth multiples. Shares are -13.2% to date. Read article »
- Energy expert Richard Zeits saw substantial upside for Comstock Resources in December, after a notable acreage sale allowed to company to return capital to shareholders and left it trading at appealingly low multiples to cash flow and operating earnings. The stock is now +53% since. Read article »
To Come Today
Don't forget to check your SA PRO dashboard for the latest additions to our Research Library.
SA PRO Editors
The SA PRO team is Eli Hoffmann (Editor in Chief), Daniel Shvartsman (Managing Editor), Michael McDonald, Jeffrey Fischer, and Vince Martin (Senior PRO Editors). You can reach us at email@example.com.