Today's Top Ideas
Released at 5:00 am, April 17. PRO subscribers get an exclusive early look at these ideas for 24 hours. Top Ideas often move stocks during the initial 72 hours after publication.
- Aviat Networks (Long, Deep Value): Contributor Inefficient Market explains why he's buying AVNW shares hand over fist - the company's large cash balance, low valuation, and turnaround prospects could mean big upside.
Top Ideas Schedule Note
Please note that due to the market holiday on Friday, April 18, we will not be publishing Top Ideas or sending the PRO Top Ideas report Friday. We will resume normal publication Monday.
Best of PRO Research
A look at some of the best recent additions to our Research Library as chosen by our PRO editorial team:
- Equal Energy: New Capital says a seemingly failed acquisition of the company could lead to new bids and upside from current levels.
- Cincinnati Bell: Mike Arnold says that a sale of the wireless business to Verizon means that CBB may have finally turned a corner.
- Health Insurance Innovations: Insurance expert Ashleigh Rogers admits HIIQ presents a binary investment opportunity, but argues that a long play remains highly asymmetric.
- La Quinta Holdings: Dallas Salazar sees the new hotel IPO moving higher, on the back of expansion and subsequent revenue and profit growth.
- Crown Holdings: Value Vista UK says CCK is boring, safe - and highly profitable.
Today’s PRO research (tickers link to new articles)
- New coverage: ALLAY, FOEAY
- Ongoing coverage: ACRFY, CBB, EGAN, HIIQ, IBKR, NXST, OXYS, TDW, UNT, XNPT
The PRO research library now covers 3,760 stocks. To filter PRO research by sector, industry, market cap, and long/short, use the PRO Dashboard.
PRO ideas playing out
- On April 8, Value Digger called out the tremendous upside in Nighthawk Energy, buoyed by high-performing and high-returning wells in the Denver-Julesberg basin. Shares are +38.1% to date. Read article »
- Stephen Simpson, CFA, saw a long-term growth story underway at Washington D.C.'s Eagle Bancorp in July, as market share and commercial lending were poised to drive profits. The stock is now +53.8% since. Read article »
To Come Today
Don't forget to check your SA PRO dashboard for the latest additions to our Research Library.
SA PRO Editors
The SA PRO team is Eli Hoffmann (Editor in Chief), Daniel Shvartsman (Managing Editor), Michael McDonald, Jeffrey Fischer, and Vince Martin (Senior PRO Editors). You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.