Today's Top Ideas
Released at 5:00 am, April 21. PRO subscribers get an exclusive early look at these ideas for 24 hours. Top Ideas often move stocks during the initial 72 hours after publication.
- Lincoln Education Services (Short, Busted Model): Uneconomic returns for LINC's degree programs suggest a profitable short in the education company's shares. Contributor Lord Baltimore sees nearly 50% downside.
- Ascent Capital (Short, Contrarian): Rajiv Bhatia takes the bearish side on ASCMA, seeing slowing organic growth and a rich valuation to peers, including market leader ADT, leading to a potential 25-30% decline.
- Arotech (Short, Value): Small Cap Machine says ARTX shares have gotten caught up in the hype surrounding electric batteries, but historical problems and ongoing challenges mean the stock could return to previous multiples, and fall by more than half.
- KB Home (Long, GARP): KBH's increasing community count and stabilized balance sheet has it poised to beat estimates, with 30% upside possible as a result, writes Money Investor.
Today’s PRO research (tickers link to new articles)
- New coverage: APEI, BNTGY, CBIN, EGOV, HEAR, KKR, LE, LNZNF, PBFI, PRSEY, RLGY, SHFK, SQBK, VLGEA, VSTM
- Ongoing coverage: ACCO, AHL, AHL #2, BLERF, CXUSF, FCFS, FLML, GDP, JGW, JONE, NKTR, NSR, PANW, PERI, SD, SKUL, SVLC, SWM, TRI, WLL, WSH, YOKU
The PRO research library now covers 3,776 stocks. To filter PRO research by sector, industry, market cap, and long/short, use the PRO Dashboard.
PRO ideas playing out
- On March 14, Helix Investment Research said a recent pullback had offered a buying opportunity in Nexstar Broadcasting Group, which traded below despite above-average growth. Shares are +10% to date. Read article »
- Devon Shire said a new CEO and the largest oilfield in Europe were among the best reasons to buy Bankers Petroleum in August. The stock is now +61.1% since. Read article »
To Come Today
Don't forget to check your SA PRO dashboard for the latest additions to our Research Library.
SA PRO Editors
The SA PRO team is Eli Hoffmann (Editor in Chief), Daniel Shvartsman (Managing Editor), Michael McDonald, Jeffrey Fischer, and Vince Martin (Senior PRO Editors). You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.