Today's Top Ideas
Released at 5:00 am, April 28. PRO subscribers get an exclusive early look at these ideas for 24 hours. Top Ideas often move stocks during the initial 72 hours after publication.
- American Airlines (Long, Value): Post-bankruptcy and merger, AAL is set to continue on its growth path, with 55% upside as its low-cost position, strong growth, and integration of US Airways drive a higher valuation, writes Helix Investment Research.
- Caterpillar (Short, Contrarian): Hayden Cole says that despite CAT's recent rally, the underlying issues for the company continue to suggest overvaluation. 30%+ downside as slowing in key end markets suggest a cyclical upswing is unlikely.
Today’s PRO research (tickers link to new articles)
- New coverage: ARES, AVNZF, BERK, GRVY, INTZ, RPMGF, SABR, SGU,
- Ongoing coverage: BIRNF, BPT, DNKN, ENPH, FEEXF, LOV, MSCC, NNBR, PMD, RDC, SDT, SILC, SKX, UTEK
The PRO research library now covers 3,817 stocks. To filter PRO research by sector, industry, market cap, and long/short, use the PRO Dashboard.
PRO ideas playing out
- On April 16, Dr. Hugh Akston called out VASCO Data Security, seeing upside from the recently disclosed Heartbleed bug and a strong catalyst in upcoming Q1 earnings. After a massive earnings beat, shares are +44.3% to date. Read article »
- Akram's Razor was skeptical of the valuation at Commvault in August, noting that the company would need to crush analyst estimates to maintain reasonable multiples at the end of fiscal 2014. After a massive sell-off following Friday's Q4 release, the stock is now -43.7% since. Read article »
To Come Today
Don't forget to check your SA PRO dashboard for the latest additions to our Research Library.
SA PRO Editors
The SA PRO team is Eli Hoffmann (Editor in Chief), Daniel Shvartsman (Managing Editor), Michael McDonald, Jeffrey Fischer, and Vince Martin (Senior PRO Editors). You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.