Today's Top Ideas
Released at 5:00 am, April 29. PRO subscribers get an exclusive early look at these ideas for 24 hours. Top Ideas often move stocks during the initial 72 hours after publication.
- Ally Financial (Long, Event/Special Situations): Lessening ownership by the US Treasury, the wind-down of its mortgage business, and debt reduction should boost flexibility, margins, and profits for ALLY, writes Alpha Gen Capital.
- Agios Pharmaceuticals (Short, Overvaluation): Following up a successful short call on AMBI, Michael Sacerdote says AGIO is priced for more than perfection, offering 10-20% downside conservatively and more if anything goes wrong.
Today’s PRO research (tickers link to new articles)
- New coverage: BWLLF, CBF, ESRX, FLDM, HNTHF, LEJU, MC, SAH
- Ongoing coverage: ATRC, BAS, CNOB, CRL, CW, FSC, NILE, ODFL, ORBK, PZG, SPN,
The PRO research library now covers 3,826 stocks. To filter PRO research by sector, industry, market cap, and long/short, use the PRO Dashboard.
PRO ideas playing out
- On April 21, Small Cap Machine laid out the bear case for Arotech, pointing out that enthusiasm for Tesla-related hype and government-based growth potential - both the subject of management caution - had boosted the stock well beyond fair value. Shares are -28% to date. Read article »
- Weighing Machine called out Senvest Capital in October, seeing a 40% discount to NAV narrowing as 2008 rolled off the fund manager's record and boosted its five-year returns and assets under management. The stock is now +52.3% since. Read article »
To Come Today
Don't forget to check your SA PRO dashboard for the latest additions to our Research Library.
SA PRO Editors
The SA PRO team is Eli Hoffmann (Editor in Chief), Daniel Shvartsman (Managing Editor), Michael McDonald, Jeffrey Fischer, and Vince Martin (Senior PRO Editors). You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.