Rather than listen to or read the MSM version of the unemployment report, I prefer to go right to the source. This is the link (.pdf) to the data. Here are my observations:
- The employable population of the country went up by 200,000 over last month, but for some stange reason the labor force declined by 181,000. The civilian labor force as a percentage of the population has now declined to 64.6%. This is the lowest in decades.
- The number of employed persons declined by 159,000 over last month and has fallen 3 months in a row. I thought Obama said we were adding jobs.
- The number of employed people is 138,960,000. The number of employed people in January 2009 when the Savior took office was 139,877,000. If I'm correct, there are 917,000 less employed people after spending $800 billion.
- Amazingly, the unemployment rate is only 9.5% versus 9.4% one year ago. How can this be? It appears that 2,811,000 Americans who are capable of working have decided to leave the workforce in the last year. They must be so happy with their financial situation, they decided to kick back and enjoy themselves.
- Since the end of 2006, there are 7.6 million more Americans unemployed and another 6.9 million people who have supposedly "left the workforce". Over this same time frame, 9.1 million people came into the potential workforce.
The US Government manipulates these statistics so well, that the ignorant masses don't realize how bad it really is. Don't trust anything coming out of the MSM mouthpieces or the White House Obamanistas. Can anyone hear the sound of Stimulus II?
click to enlarge
Disclosure: No Positions