Today's Top Ideas
Released at 5:00 am, May 12. PRO subscribers get an exclusive early look at these ideas for 24 hours. Top Ideas often move stocks during the initial 72 hours after publication.
- Children's Place (Long, Value): With Children's Place shares trading at a low EBITDA multiple, Ascena Retail has become a natural acquirer. Even on a standalone basis, low valuation and a potential turnaround makes PLCE a buy, writes Investing 501.
- ChipMOS (Long, Value): Valuable Insights returns to the IMOS table, citing the company's continued discount to fair value, strong performance in its end-markets, and likely margin growth as value drivers.
- Asia Standard (Long, Deep Value): Hong Kong property fears have overshadowed HKG:0129's fine performance, leaving shares at a significant discount to book value even on a historical basis, writes New Capital.
- Biglari Holdings (Long, Sum Of The Parts): BH lost a proxy battle with CBRL, but may end up winning the war, writes Alpha Gen Capital. Operational improvements at the restaurant chain and BH's other holdings could drive 30%+ upside.
- Songa Offshore (Long, Debt Refinancing): SONG.OL's nightmarish 2013 is over, and after refinancing its debt and refocusing its operations on mid-water drilling, there is now room for a turnaround, writes Street Smart Investor.
Today’s PRO research (tickers link to new articles)
- New coverage: BLFS, BLT, CRCTF, FLEX, FUEL, MT
- Ongoing coverage: AGTEF, AP, ATML, AXLL, CHKP, CLST, CSIQ, CVC, GRUB, LPX, MNTX, POZN, SD, SLXP, TMOAF, ZLCS
The PRO research library now covers 3,894 stocks. To filter PRO research by sector, industry, market cap, and long/short, use the PRO Dashboard.
PRO ideas playing out
- On January 6, buysider Ben Axler saw a new product and a recovery in IT spending driving upside for TechTarget. Shares are +12.6% to date. Read article »
- Street Smart Investor wrote in August that currency and macroeconomic fears had driven HDFC Bank, the second largest private sector bank in India, well below its intrinsic value. The stock has rebounded strongly, now +43.8% since. Read article »
To Come Today
Don't forget to check your SA PRO dashboard for the latest additions to our Research Library.
SA PRO Editors
The SA PRO team is Eli Hoffmann (Editor in Chief), Daniel Shvartsman (Managing Editor), Michael McDonald, Jeffrey Fischer, and Vince Martin (Senior PRO Editors). You can reach us at email@example.com.