Morgan Stanley Internet analyst Mary Meeker discussed her thoughts on the Internet and China at the Hua Yuan Science and Technology Association conference in California on May 7th. Here are her general conclusions along with a link to the rest of her presentation - an overview of the China Internet market:
- Internet serving important role in helping modernize China and drive efficiencies.
- Still, small revenue / profit levels for China Internet companies.
- Like US in mid-1990s, we are at the beginning...but, in many respects, for China, impact may be greater.
- Lots of opportunity with lots and lots of risk.
- Morgan Stanley's Andy Xie notes that..."In the middle of most small towns in Europe or the US stands a church; in China, it is usually a Kentucky Fried Chicken or a McDonald's or both..."
Click here to access Meeker's presentation.