Today's Top Ideas
Released at 5:00 am, May 19. PRO subscribers get an exclusive early look at these ideas for 24 hours. Top Ideas often move stocks during the initial 72 hours after publication.
- Southside Bancshares (Long, Event/Special Situations): Intangible Valuation writes that Southside's pending acquisition of OmniAmerican Bancorp has led to an erroneous decline in its share price; synergies, geographic expansion, and the potential for substantial operating improvements at the overcapitalized OmniAmerican could lead to 30%+ upside.
- Blucora (Long, Value): A misleading short report and a technical hiccup crimping guidance have left BCOR's shares trading at a heavy discount to core value given its asset portfolio's high cash generation. 50% upside, says Special Situations.
Today’s PRO research (tickers link to new articles)
- New coverage: ADUS, BRG, ORC, OYIEF, SBRA, SFBS, XRA
- Ongoing coverage: ALLRF, CMXI, COG, DRGDF, DRIV, ENPH, JCOM, SKUL, TSEM, UPL
The PRO research library now covers 3,932 stocks. To filter PRO research by sector, industry, market cap, and long/short, use the PRO Dashboard.
PRO ideas playing out
- On February 24, Ashleigh Rogers noted that investor expectations for Greenhill & Co. had largely outrun its lackluster growth prospects, leaving a solid short case. Shares are -12.5% to date. Read article »
- In June, Brian Smith Jr. noted the contradiction between ExOne's massive post-IPO jump, and the lack of growth, scale, and margin potential in its 3D printing business model. After yet another earnings miss, the stock is now -42.5% since. Read article »
To Come Today
Don't forget to check your SA PRO dashboard for the latest additions to our Research Library.
SA PRO Editors
The SA PRO team is Eli Hoffmann (Editor in Chief), Daniel Shvartsman (Managing Editor), Michael McDonald, Jeffrey Fischer, and Vince Martin (Senior PRO Editors). You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.