October 11, 2010 – New York, NY. Seeking Alpha, the popular site for stock market news, analysis and intelligent finance discussion, today launches a suite of investing tools called, “Seeking Alpha Investing Applications”. Investing Apps are professional-grade tools to help the Seeking Alpha community discover, manage, track & analyze their investments.
The newly launched Investing Applications App Store is the first platform to focus solely on the needs of investors. As of today, there are 27 third-party Apps on the platform. Apps are all web-based (not mobile) and when added to a user’s account, become part of a Seeking Alpha user’s personalized experience across the Seeking Alpha site.
Seeking Alpha vets thousands of articles from expert financial bloggers, then edits and organizes those articles and brings the top 25% to the investing public on the SA site. Now, Seeking Alpha applies its rigorous standards for investing content to investing tools. Financial research and data has historically been accessible to the financial elite, but now all investors can access top-tier tools to manage their portfolios, discover and research new investing ideas, and get in-depth analysis of stocks and ETFs.
- 27 Investing Applications are available.
- The Applications cover a broad range of investment needs including equity research, stock screeners, portfolio management tools, fundamental data, charting, ETF analysis, asset allocation, alerts, company modeling, news and more.
- The Platform includes an App Store and My Apps page, where users can easily review and download the Applications which meet their investing needs.
- Apps enjoy full integration with Seeking Alpha Quote and Portfolio pages – for the most personalized quote page experience of any financial content site.
- Users have just one relationship for billing and support.
- Apps are either free, premium or premium with a free trial period. The average price of a premium App on the platform is $15.00 a month.
- Developers can use our API to easily get their financial Apps to our highly targeted audience.
David Jackson, Founder and CEO of Seeking Alpha, noted, “Readers trust us to bring them great investing news and analysis, and now investing tools will become part of that offering. Our goal is simple: to help readers become better investors.”
Application developers can easily use our API to add their application to the Seeking Alpha Investing App Store and offer it to our audience of 3.5 million monthly unique visitors and 550,000 registered users. Developers also keep 70% of the revenues from their Apps. Those interested in submitting an App should contact us on the developers section of the Investing App Store or contact: email@example.com.
Seeking Alpha is the premier website for actionable stock market opinion and analysis, and vibrant, intelligent finance discussion. The site gives a voice to over 3700 of the world's top market blogs, money managers, financial experts and investment newsletters. Seeking Alpha’s 3.5 million monthly unique visitors represent the highest quality financial readership on the web; the highest percentage of readers who bought stocks in the trailing 30 days and the largest percentage of readers with portfolios over $250,000. The average SA user spends over 20 minutes per session on the site. We provide our community of the nation's most savvy and inquisitive investors with tools to exchange and discuss investing ideas. Seeking Alpha is also home to the only application platform to focus exclusively on investing tools. These tools, Seeking Alpha Investing Applications, include the best financial tools the web has to offer and are used by our community to better manage, track & analyze their investments.