Brian Grosso
Deep value

Panera: Opportunity In The Broken Growth Story?

From a glance, Panera Bread (NASDAQ:PNRA) looked like a classic broken growth story - the sort of situation where you can occasionally find a high quality business on sale - so I decided to do some preliminary research.

The company's operations consist of about 1800 bakery-cafes in 45 states. About 49% are company operated with the other 51% operated by franchisees.


  • Secular Tailwinds - Panera benefits from some serious secular trends that should have a stacked impact on results. The company benefits from both growth in natural/organic food industry in the US as well as growth in the fast casual dining industry - both of which have been growing in the low teens recently and are expected
Join Seeking Alpha PRO to read this archived article and 11,574 other archived articles
IDEA GENERATORXExclusive access to 10 PRO ideas every day
INVESTING IDEAS LIBRARYXExclusive access to PRO library of more than 15,000 ideas
SECTOR EXPERT NETWORKXExclusive access to all sector experts for direct consultation
PERFORMANCE TRACKINGXTrack performance of all PRO stock ideas
PROFESSIONAL TOOLSXProfessional Idea Filters to zero-in based on industry, market cap and more
"In just the first month of using PRO, I used it to generate two ideas which were actionable for me. As a result of these two positions, I have earned more than 20 times the annual subscription costs for PRO."Michael Yagemann, Greenbridge Capital
"I am pleasantly surprised with the scope of small and mid-cap coverage PRO offers. You can't find that any where else."Patrick Rice, Mainstay Capital Management
You may cancel at any time for any reason, and receive a prompt refund for membership on months paid and not used (max. 6 months). Details