SA contributors highlight stocks to watch for unusual movement, their bias (long/short), and brief comments.
Stocks are listed alphabetically by symbol. Click on the contributor's name to read more articles by that author.
Discuss today's stocks and ask contributors questions in the comments.
Track how today's Stocks To Watch are performing here. To send in your own ideas for tomorrow's Stocks To Watch, email email@example.com before 6:00 AM ET Friday.
Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) - long - Jeff Himelson
- After hours yesterday, Facebook announced an amazing quarter and beat on both the top and bottom lines.
- On Thursday, a slew of analysts will update their outlooks and ratchet up price targets.
- The stock was up over 5% after hours, but it will see more positive momentum as analysts play catch-up with their price targets.
is my previous article on FB's earnings.
Minerva Neurosciences (NASDAQ:NERV) - long - Don Dion
- July 25 concludes the 25 day, SEC-enforced quiet period on underwriter research on NERV.
- On July 26th, NERV's underwriters will likely release detailed positive reports, leading to at least a temporary rise in NERV prices in the days surrounding the event.
- NERV's post-IPO market performance has been inconsistent, bouncing between $5.75 per share and $7.54 per share.
- Given that each of NERV's product candidates is at an early clinical stage, we feel that the firm has an unclear future; however, this event offers a short-term buying opportunity.
AT&T (NYSE: T) - long - Jason Merriam
- Overreaction to Q2 results might provide good entry-point.
- Margin compression is likely temporary.
- Shares have lagged rivals during the past twelve months.
- Accretive value of pending DirecTV (DTV) deal not priced into stock.