It has been a bit hectic around here as the emails keep coming. The response to my High-Probability, Mean-Reversion Strategy has been overwhelming and I just wanted to thank all of you for the continued support and kinds words.
DIA and USO are both in extreme oversold states. As a result, I would expect to see a short-term bounce. I plan on taking advantage of this set-up if one or both open lower or flat today. I would prefer to see a lower reading in USO, but the RSI (2) is low enough to trigger a signal especially if the ETF opens up lower today.
Unless something major happens overnight I would expect to see a higher open in both ETFs, as the futures are significantly higher as I am writing this post.
So, I suppose I will be patiently waiting on the sidelines for another set-up if the USO and DIA trigger does not come to fruition. Oh well, as I always say, opportunities are made up easier than losses.
Could we see one last mini-rally to close the most recent gap before the real decline occurs. I still think before this market can truly take off we will need to see a few of the gaps below close. It could be a few months or a few weeks, but I do think the decline to close the gaps will eventually come.
Short-Term High-Probability, Mean-Reversion Indicator – as of close 11/17/10
* Biotech (IBB) – 35.9 (neutral)
* Consumer Discretionary (XLY) – 44.0 (neutral)
* Health Care (XLV) – 19.5 (very oversold)
* Financial (XLF) – 29.2 (oversold)
* Energy (XLE) – 42.7 (neutral)
* Gold Miners (GDX) – 37.7 (neutral)
* Industrial (XLI) – 24.2 (oversold)
* Materials (XLB) – 25.3 (oversold)
* Real Estate (IYR) – 26.7 (oversold)
* Retail (RTH) – 35.0 (neutral)
* Semiconductor (SMH) – 37.6 (neutral)
* United States Oil Fund (USO) – 20.1 (oversold) / RSI (2) – 2.8
* Utilities (XLU) – 20.5 (oversold)
* Gold (GLD) – 26.2 (oversold)
* Small Cap Bear 3x (TZA) – 67.6 (neutral)
* Small-Cap Bull 3x (TNA) – 30.2 (neutral)
* UltraLong QQQQ (QLD) – 21.4 (oversold)
* Ultra Long S&P 500 (SSO) – 20.6 (oversold) / RSI (2) – 2.9
* Ultra Short S&P 500 (SDS) – 78.1 (overbought) / RSI (2) – 96.1
* UltraShort 20+ Treasury (TBT) – 58.4 (neutral)
Disclosure: Short SPY. Long TZA.