(all percentage changes and comparisons are year on year, unless stated otherwise)
- Net revenue rose 38.0% to $1.84 million versus consensus of $1.8 million.
- Advertising revenue was $335,000 versus $179,000 in 1Q05.
- Advertising revenue represented 18% of net revenue versus 9% of net revenue in 1Q05.
- Gross margin was 94.0% versus 93.2%.
- Operating expenses rose 138.0% to $1.0 million.
- G&A expenses rose 301.1% to $373,000.
- Product development expenses rose 25.6% to $54,000.
- Sales and marketing expenses rose 120.0% to $486,000.
- Operating income fell 12.0% to $722,000.
- Operating margin was 39.2% versus 61.4%.
- Net income rose 7.1% to $1.0 million.
- Net income margin was 54.8% versus 70.6%.
- Diluted earnings per ADS of $0.05 versus consensus of $0.06.
- New subscribers in 2Q05 were 2,567, a decrease of 63% from 7,032 in 2Q04.
- Repeat subscribers in 2Q05 were 2,515, a decrease of 22% from 3,218 in 2Q04.
- Average subscription fee per subscriber (ASF) for new subscribers rose 6% to $165 in 2Q05 from $156 in 2Q04, but fell 21% from $208 in 1Q05.
- ASF for repeat subscribers rose 32% to $246 from $186 in 2Q04. and rose 3% from 1Q05.
- Note: The company claims that the weak Chinese stock market has dampened investor interest in more expensive and more comprehensive products.
- None provided.
- Cash and equivalents of $61.8 million as of June 30, 2005.
Not subscribed to The China Stock Blog? You can get updated headlines for free by adding The China Stock Blog to your My Yahoo page. Just log into your My Yahoo
page, then go to The China Stock Blog and click on the "+ My Yahoo"
button on the top right of your screen. You can do the same for other sites, such as The Internet Stock Blog, ETF Investor, and Sound Money Tips.