Apple’s iPad is making its way into a company near you, but there are a lot of crosscurrents in adoption.
Among the crosscurrents:
- 62 percent say they will buy the iPad for work. However, 57 percent said their companies aren’t buying them. Talk about consumerization.
- 91 percent of respondents said they will use the iPad primarily for productivity applications and another 68.8 percent cited collaboration as the primary use.
- Email was the primary use for the iPad by far (95.4 percent).
- 44.5 percent of respondents said the iPad is convenient for work, but they haven’t used it a lot. 42 percent said that they are more productive and use the iPad daily.
- 72 percent of respondents said their companies will give them access to corporate resources on their personal iPads.
- 28 percent said their companies are shutting out the iPad. Of that group, here are the biggest reasons why the iPad is being shunned.