• Bing and Yahoo!’s respective market shares continue to be nearly the same;
although Yahoo! experienced a slightly greater query volume growth in November.
• Bing Powered engines as a whole grew 4.3% MOM in query volume, driving its total
market share by 1ppt.
• Bing had the highest growth in the number of unique visitors searching on its
engine, with a MOM increase of 7.4%.
• Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) experienced a minor query volume decline, -1.1%, for the second month in a
row. However, it still garners nearly 2/3 of search activity across the top 5 engines.
• Both ASK and AOL’s share remained flat from October to November.
Overall, search query volume across the 5 engines remained relatively flat, with a 0.6% MOM increase. The busy holiday shopping season is upon us; however a closer examination of daily search activity during Thanksgiving weekend demonstrates that while consumers may be on the lookout for deals and discounts they are still spending the time to enjoy the holiday itself.
As 2010 comes to a close, we will be looking at the year in review next month – trends, highlights, and other interesting findings.