Comtech Group (ticker: COGO) reported Q2 2005 earnings results today. Key stats from the quarter:
(all percentage changes and comparisons are year on year, unless stated otherwise)
- Revenue rose 26.9% to $25.1 million, above consensus estimate of $24.77 million.
- Revenue breakdown: mobile handsets - $13.2 million, telecom equipment - $10.1 million, digital tech products - $1.8 million.
- Gross margin was 17.6% vs 14.4%.
- Operating expenses rose 55.3% to $1.5 million.
- SG&A expenses rose 43.1% to $1.1 million.
- Research and development expenses rose 115.6% to $345,000.
- Operating income rose 55.6% to $3.0 million.
- Operating margin was 11.8% vs 9.6%.
- Net income rose 65.8% to $2.6 million.
- Net margin was 10.2% vs 7.8%.
- Diluted EPS of $0.10 vs $0.08, in-line with consensus of $0.10.
- Cash and equivalents of $8.2 million.
FY 2005 Guidance
- Revenue growth of 35% (editor: $102.0 million).
Not subscribed to The China Stock Blog? You can get updated headlines for free by adding The China Stock Blog to your My Yahoo page. Just log into your My Yahoo
page, then go to The China Stock Blog and click on the "+ My Yahoo"
button on the top right of your screen. You can do the same for other sites, such as The Internet Stock Blog, ETF Investor, and Sound Money Tips.