PacificNet (ticker: PACT) reported Q2 2005 earnings results that beat consensus revenue estimates but missed consensus EPS estimates by $0.01. Key stats from the quarter:
(all percentage changes and comparisons are year on year, unless stated otherwise)
- Revenue rose 33.0% to $10.75 million vs consensus estimate of $10.36 million.
- Revenue rose 18.0% sequentially.
- Value-added service revenue rose 142.0% sequentially to $3.2 million.
- Outsourcing revenue rose 11.0% sequentially to $3.4 million.
- Communications revenue fell 13.3% sequentially to $4.1 million.
- Gross margin was 20.6% vs 16.0%.
- SG&A expenses rose 17.9% to $1.0 million.
- Operating income rose 223.9% to $1.1 million.
- Operating margin was 10.5% vs 4.3%.
- Net income rose 1,070.6% to $597,000, and rose 43.0% sequentially.
- Net margin was 5.6% vs 0.6%.
- EPS of $0.06 vs $0.01, below consensus estimate of $0.07.
- Cash and equivalents of $5.4 million as of June 30, 2005.
- Revenue of $11 - $13 million vs consensus of $12.11 million.
- Net income of $600,000 - $900,000.
- EPS of $0.06 - $0.09 vs consensus of $0.09.
FY 2005 Guidance (Re-iterated)
- Revenue of $45 and $50 million vs consensus of $46.5 million.
- Net income of $2.8 - $4.2 million.
- EPS of $0.25 - $0.38 vs consensus of $0.29.
Not subscribed to The China Stock Blog? You can get updated headlines for free by adding The China Stock Blog to your My Yahoo page. Just log into your My Yahoo
page, then go to The China Stock Blog and click on the "+ My Yahoo"
button on the top right of your screen. You can do the same for other sites, such as The Internet Stock Blog, ETF Investor, and Sound Money Tips.