You can learn a lot about investing in the stock market by looking at the portfolios of the best investors. When it comes to investing, there is none better than Warren Buffett. Let’s take a look at the top 10 stocks that Warren Buffett is holding in his portfolio as we close out the final quarter of 2010.
Name - Symbol - Shares - Approximate Value
1. Coca-Cola Company (NYSE:KO) 200,000,000 shares $13 billion dollars
2. Wells Fargo & Company(NYSE:WFC) 336,408,845 shares $10.5 billion dollars
3. American Express Co. (NYSE:AXP) 151,610,700 shares $6.5 billion dollars
4. Procter & Gamble Inc. (NYSE:PG) 76,766,036 shares $5 billion dollars
5. Kraft Foods (KFT) 105,214,584 shares $3.3 billion dollars
6. Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ) 42,624,563 shares $2.6 billion dollars
7. Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (NYSE:WMT) 39,037,142 shares $2.1 billion dollars
8. Wesco Financial Corp (NYSEMKT:WSC) 5,703,087 shares $2.1 billion dollars
9. ConocoPhillips (NYSE:COP) 29,109,637 shares $2 billion dollars
10.U.S. Bancorp (NYSE:USB) 69,039,426 shares $1.9 billion dollars
The top 10 stocks are important because these are the only companies in which the holding’s value is greater than $1 billion. They total just under $40 billion, and the total stock value of the entire Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE:BRK.A) portfolio is just under $54 billion. Keep in mind that this is according to the last recorded financial statements filed by Berkshire. No one knows what moves Buffett has been making this quarter.
Disclosure: Author owns Wells, USB, and Kraft (KFT).