CDC Corporation (ticker: CHINA) reported Q2 2005 earnings results today. Key stats from the quarter:
(all percentage changes and comparisons are year on year, unless stated otherwise)
- Revenue rose 44.0% to $64.6 million above consensus estimate of $58.6 million.
- Software revenue rose 76.2% to $42.5 million.
- Business services revenue fell 1.6% to $10.2 million.
- Mobile services and applications revenue rose 13.3% to $8.6 million.
- Ad and marketing revenue rose 17.8% to $3.2 million.
- MVAS revenue rose 18.0% sequentially to $8.6 million.
- SMS revenue fell 43.0% to $5.0 million.
- Gross margin was 55.7% vs 57.8%.
- Operating expenses rose 24.5% to $34.8 million.
- SG&A expenses rose 25.1% to $25.7 million.
- R&D expenses rose 10.7% to $5.0 million.
- Depreciation and amortization expenses rose 41.4% to $4.1 million.
- Operating income of $1.2 million vs operating loss of $2.0 million.
- GAAP net income of $36,000 vs net loss of $2.0 million.
- GAAP diluted EPS of $0.00 vs a loss of $0.02.
- Non-GAAP net income rose 101.5% to $5.4 million.
- Non-GAAP basic EPS of $0.048 vs $0.026, above consensus of $0.02.
- Cash and equivalents of $73.9 million as of June 30, 2005.
Not subscribed to The China Stock Blog? You can get updated headlines for free by adding The China Stock Blog to your My Yahoo page. Just log into your My Yahoo
page, then go to The China Stock Blog and click on the "+ My Yahoo"
button on the top right of your screen. You can do the same for other sites, such as The Internet Stock Blog, ETF Investor, and Sound Money Tips.