Intersil (ISIL) is expected to report Q4 results after the bell tonight, and analysts are looking for a profit of $0.18 per share on revenue of $207 million, according to the Thomson Reuters consensus estimate.
The stock favors a widening trend between the sessions, with 15 of the last 25 after-hours moves ending in more aggressive percentage trade the following regular session. In the near-term, the stock is mixed, with two widening events and two reversal moves in the last four quarters.
- On Oct. 20, 2010, ISIL slipped 0.3% in after-hours trade after posting mixed results and guidance. The stock turned higher the following day, closing the Oct. 21 regular session up 2.7%.
- On July 21, 2010, ISIL slid 3% in after-hours trade after beating Q2 revenue expectations and setting its guidance mostly above the Street view. The stock dipped further the following day, closing the July 22 regular session down 4.7%.
- On April 21, 2010, the stock fell 5% after a beat and better-than-expected guidance. Shares fell a slightly slimmer 4.1% the next day.
- On Jan. 27, 2010, the stock slipped 0.5% despite an earnings beat. Shares dropped 1.9% the next day.
- On Oct. 21, 2009, the stock fell 2.8% after an earnings meet. Shares fell a slimmer 1.2% the next day.
- On July 22, 2009, shares fell 5.4% in after-hours trading after ISIL missed with earnings. The decline was reduced to a 3.7% drop the following day.
- On April 22, 2009, the stock slipped a slim 0.03% in evening trading after ISIL beat with revenue. The loss swelled to 7.5% the next day.
- On Jan. 28, 2009, ISIL slipped 0.1% lower in after-hours trade after reporting Q4 results ahead of expectations but also issuing guidance for Q1 below the Street view. The stock was hit with more aggressive selling the next day, losing 7.3% in the Jan. 29 regular session.
- On Oct. 22, 2008, ISIL declined 5.6% in after-hours trade after coming in shy of sales expectatiosn and cutting its forward sales view. The stock added to its downside the next day, closing down 7.5% in the Oct. 23 regular session.
- On July 23, 2008, the stock fell 1% during evening trading after Q2 results topped the Street but Q3 guidance was in line. The stock fell 7% the next day.
- On April 16, 2008, ISIL declined 2.9% in after-hours trade despite topping Q1 Street estimates and setting guidance in line to above expectations. ISIL declined further the next day, losing 4.2% by the regular session close.
- On Jan. 23, 2008, ISIL lost 2% in night trade after beating Q4 expectations and setting guidance in line with estimates. It saw that downside evaporate the next day as ISIL advanced 3.1% by the closing bell on Jan. 24.
- On Oct. 17, 2007, ISIL declined 5.1% in extended-hours trade despite better-than-expected results and guidance. It cut that downside the following regular session, ending the day down a more modest 3.2%.
- On July 18, 2007, ISIL fell 3.7% during evening trading after reporting ahead of the Street with revenue, meeting with earnings and guiding above. The loss was a slimmer 1.6% by the closing bell the next day.
- On April 18, 2007, the stock gained 3.6% in the evening hours after beating with Q1 results and setting Q2 guidance in line to better. The gain was 7.9% the next day.
- On Jan. 24, 2007, the stock was up 1.3% after the company beat by 2 cents. The gain increased to 4.8% the next day.
- On Oct. 18, 2006, the stock gained 1.3% in the evening hours after the company topped with Q3 EPS though missed on sales. Shares gained 1.6% the next day.
- On July 19, 2006, ISIL dipped 1.6% in after-hours despite matching Q2 expectations and issuing guidance that was in line with forecasts. The shares tumbled the next day, closing the regular session down 10.7%.
- After reporting in the evening hours of April 20, 2006, shares declined 1.1%. The decline came with in line EPS coupled with a revenue miss. Guidance was in a range that could disappoint. The decline was a deeper 4.4% the next day.
- On Jan. 25, 2006, shares gained 5.4% after Q3 results topped expectations and the company guided higher. The gain was expanded to 7.6% the next day.
- On Oct. 19, 2005, an 8.9% evening gain following results was trimmed to 7.5% the next day.
- On July 21, 2005, ISIL closed the evening session up 0.8% after beating Q2 estimates. However, the stock lost its steam and closed down 1.8% in the next day's regular session.
- On April 27, 2005, ISIL jumped 4.3% after topping Q1 estimates and guiding Q2 EPS above analysts' expectations. The shares saw more aggressive buying the next day, closing regular session trading up 8%.
- On February 1, 2005 ISIL ended the night session down 2.7% after reporting in-line Q4 results but lower full-year earnings. It also said that day the CFO was leaving the company. Shares recovered through the next day, ending the day session up 3.1%.
- On October 20, 2004, ISIL rose 1.6% after matching lowered Q3 estimates and giving in-line Q4 guidance. The shares moved more aggressively higher in the next day session, ending up 6.5% for the day.
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.