I've enjoyed the nice homey Norman Rockwell-like commercials about the 2 little Smucker boys walking through the orchard preparing themselves to one day take over Grandpa's jam operations. Well to my surprise the Co-CEOs are the little Smucker boys all grown up - with Little Timmy as Chairman and Richard as President. Grampa's jam operations is J.M. Smucker (NYSE:SJM) now a 5 billion dollar operation.
The J.M. Smucker Company, with headquarters in Orrville, Ohio, is the leading marketer of jams, jellies, preserves, and other fruit spreads in the U.S. It also is the leader in dessert toppings, natural peanut butter, and health and natural foods juice products, and markets a wide variety of other specialty products throughout the U.S. and in many foreign countries. In the fruit spreads category, it also holds the leadership position in Australia and Canada.
- 100% Barchart technical buy signal
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- 10 new highs and up 7.23% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 70.32% and climbing
- Trades around 72.24 with a 50 day moving average of 65.50
- Wall Street brokerages analysts have published 6 buy and 7 hold reports for their clients
- Sales are expected to increase by 4.20% this year and 5.20% next year
- Earnings are estimated to increase by 9.70% this year, 6.70% next years and continue by 6.50% for the next 5 years
- Good press has made this a popular company
- CAPS members of Motley Fool vote 427 to 21 that the stock will beat the market
- The All Stars agree with a vote of 150 to 5
- Fool notes the last 10 articles by Wall Street columnists have all been positive
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.