In part two of our series on Bill Gates, here are the remaining positions in his portfolio:
Groupo Televisa S.A. (NYSE:TV): This Mexico-based media company specializes in television broadcast and publishing both domestically and abroad. The company hit a 52-week high of $26.67 on January 4, 2011, and as of last trade, their stock price was at 23.95. Their trailing P/E is currently $2,998.75, and their forward P/E is $17.77.
- Caterpillar, Inc. (NYSE:CAT): The Illinois-based Caterpillar, Inc., manufactures construction and mining equipment. On March 24, Caterpillar hit a 52-week high of 108.90. The company’s dividend yield is 1.60%. Their trailing P/E and forward P/E are 26.23 and 13.64, respectively. The company is currently planning expansion with projects in China and Brazil.
- Canadian National Railway Company (NYSE:CNI): CNI specializes in rail transportation throughout North America. Their current stock price is $73.78, and their dividend yield is 1.80%. Most recently, Canadian National Railway Company was in U.S. news after being ordered to pay out $68 million to divert traffic on their recently acquired Elgin, Joliet, and Eastern line in Illinois. Their trailing P/E is currently $16.03, and their forward P/E is 13.79.
Costco Wholesale Company (NASDAQ:COST): Costco runs a chain of membership discount warehouses—selling anything from food to home furnishings to electronics—in the U.S. and abroad. The company recently expanded its merchandise to include bridal gowns. At last trade, Costco’s stock traded at $71.74. Their trailing P/E is 22.80, and their forward P/E is $18.82. The forward dividend yield for Costco is 1.10%.
- BP plc (NYSE:BP): Coming up on the year anniversary of their massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, BP is still in a recovery period. At last trade, their stock was at $46.65, a considerable increase from its 52-week low of $26.75 in June of 2010. The company’s dividend yield is 3.70% and their forward P/E is $7.02. Gates isn’t the only major investor sticking with BP. Investment Underground’s look into T. Boone Pickens’ portfolio revealed he recently added to his shares of the company.
- AutoNation, Inc. (NYSE:AN): This auto products and services company sells new and used cars and offers repair and maintenance services. Their current stock price is 34.60. AutoNation’s trailing P/E and forward P/E are $24.28 and $16.48, respectively. In March, the company announced that their new car sales were up 29% in February.
- Crown Castle International Corporation (NYSE:CCI): Crown Castle International Corporation owns, operates and leases towers and wireless infrastructure. Their stock is currently at 40.34, and their forward P/E is 54.50. CCI’s stock took a bit of a dip the week of March 21 due to concerns that AT&T buying TMobile USA would reduce the need for new towers when the merging companies eliminated cell tower overlap.
- America Movil S.A.B. de C.V. (NYSE:AMX): America Movil provides wireless and fixed communication services in Mexico. The current stock price is 56.12. America Movil’s dividend yield is 0.50%. Their trailing and forward P/E are $14.77 and $12.02, respectively.
CSX Corporation (NYSE:CSX): This Florida-based company provides rail-based transportation service in North America. Their trailing P/E and forward P/E are 19.52 and 13.62, respectively, and CSX currently has a dividend yield of 1.30%. At last trade, their stock was at 79.28. The company is currently moving forward with plans for a $100 million freight yard expansion in Massachusetts.
Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE:RSG): Republic Services specializes in the collection, transfer and disposal of nonhazardous waste in the U.S. Their stock price was $29.88 at last trade. The company’s dividend yield is 2.70%. Their trailing P/E is $22.62, and their forward P/E is $13.76.
- Expedia, Inc. (NASDAQ:EXPE): Expedia is an online travel company. Some of its many sites include expedia.com, hotwire.com and hotels.com. Their current stock price is $22.23. Expedia’s trailing P/E is $15.22, and their forward P/E is $10.84. Their dividend yield is currently 1.30%.
- Monsanto Company (NYSE:MON): Monsanto provides agricultural products to farmers in the U.S. and abroad. The company recently entered into a deal with the Germany-based BASF to collaborate on a cropping system that will help with weed control and crop safety. Their current stock price is 71.23, and their dividend yield is 1.60%. Monsanto’s trailing P/E is $34.58, and their forward P/E is $21.19.
Eastman Kodak Company (EK): This Rochester-based photography and film products company is currently trading at 3.41. The company has been struggling of late, hitting a 52-week low on March 15, 2011, of $2.90. The company has reported that their 2010 losses were greater than expected.
IAC/InterActive Corp (IACI): IAC/InterActive Corp is an Internet company that operates such sites as Ask.com, CitySearch and Match.com. On March 15, the company announced that Michael Eisner had joined its board. The company’s stock is currently at $30.61. Their trailing P/E is $32.70 and their forward P/E is $16.46.
Greater China Fund, Inc. (NYSE:GCH): Greater China Fund, Inc., is a close-ended equity mutual fund that was launched by Baring Asset Management Limited. The stock price is currently 12.43. Their trailing P/E is 18.52, and their forward dividend yield is 0.10%.
Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. (NYSE:BRK.B): Specializes primarily in insurance and reinsurance of property and casualty risks. Warren Buffett is the chairman and CEO. The current stock price is $85.06, and trades on a P/E ratio of 15.4.
M&T Bank Corporation (NYSE:MTB): M&T Bank Corporation specializes in commercial and retail banking. Their current stock price is 87.74, and their dividend yield is 3.20%. Their trailing and forward P/E are 15.43 and 11.73, respectively. On March 22, M&T Bank’s $351 million acquisition of Wilmington Trust was approved by Wilmington Trust shareholders.
Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (NYSE:GS): New York–based Goldman Sachs Group specializes in investment banking, securities and investment management. Their stock is currently at 157.81, and their forward dividend yield is 0.90%. Currently, Goldman Sachs’ trailing P/E is 11.98 and their forward P/E is 8.44.
Devon Energy Corporation (NYSE:DVN): Devon Energy develops, produces and transports natural gas and oil. The company hit a 52-week high on March 24 of 93.56. They are currently trading at 92.92. Devon Energy’s trailing P/E is 8.96, and their forward P/E is 12.31. They currently have a dividend yield of 0.70%.
- Range Resources Corporation (NYSE:RRC): Range Resources is natural gas company that works in the southwest and Appalachian regions. Their current stock price is $56.45, and their dividend yield is 0.30%. Their forward P/E is $40.29. Recent good news for the company: on Tuesday, March 22, Texas officials cleared Range Resources of any liability in recent water contamination outside of Dallas.
- Cabot Gas and Oil (NYSE:COG): Cabot Gas and Oil specializes in the development of oil and gas properties in North America. Their current stock price is $51.45, and their dividend yield is 0.20%. Cabot Gas and Oil’s trailing P/E and forward P/E are $52.51 and $34.54, respectively.
Click here for part 1.
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.