After the market closed today I screened for stocks hitting the most frequent new highs on Barchart. A company I never heard of, Travelzoo (TZOO), was right at the top of the list. Travelzoo Inc publishes Travelzoo and Weekend.com. Reaching several million users per month, Travelzoo lists sales and specials from more than 200 advertisers, including Alamo Rent-a-Car (ALG), American Airlines, American Express Travel, Avis Rent A Car (CAR), Best Western International, British Airways, Carnival Cruise Lines (CUK), Delta Air Lines (DAL), Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, Funjet Vacations, Gate 1 Travel, Ian Schrager Hotels, JetBlue Airways (JBLU), Kimpton Hotel & Restaurant Group, Marriott Hotels (MAR), Omni Hotels, Pleasant Holidays, Royal Caribbean Cruises (RCL), Six Continents Hotels, Starwood Hotels & Resorts (HOT), Vail Resorts (MTN), Virgin Atlantic Airways, and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts (WYN).
- 100% Barchart technical buy signal
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- 14 new highs and up 64.13% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 79.35% and rising
- Trades around 64.75 with a 50 day moving average of 46.06
- New Wall Street darling with 2 strong buy and 1 buy recommendation released
- Sales are expected to increase by 19.10% this year and 17.10% next year
- Earnings are projected to increase by 41.20% this year, 32.70% next year and continue at a 25.00% rate for the next 5 years
- Even Jim Cramer made positive comments on 2/25
- Individual investors are reversing
- CAPS members on Motley Fool vote 211 to 172 that the stock will beat the market
- The All Stars are still negative at 65 to 68
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.