I noticed Yahoo (NASDAQ:YHOO) when I was screening on Barchart for S&P 500 stocks having positive price momentum. It looks like this might be a turnaround candidate in every way. Competition is high in this sector and Yahoo has to go up against Google (NASDAQ:GOOG), AOL (NYSE:AOL) and MSN. Hopefully there is enough of the pie to go around.
Click to enlarge
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Eight new highs and up 7.72% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 69.53% and rising
- Trades around 18.14 with a 50 day moving average of 16.94
- Widely followed on Wall Street.
- Brokerage analysts have released six strong buy, eight buy, 18 hold and two negative recommendations.
- Sales are expected to decrease by .9% this year but rebound by 6.20% next year.
- Earnings are projected to also decrease by 14.00% this year but rebound by increasing 18.20% next year and continue by increasing 13.12% annually for the next five years.
- Interest in this stock is high as measured on Motley Fool with 5,901 readers expressing an opinion.
- CAPS members vote 3,928 to 994 that the stock will beat the market.
- The more experienced All Stars vote for the same result with a vote of 811 to 168.