The iShares COMEX Gold Trust seeks to correspond generally, to the day-to-day movement of the price of gold bullion. The objective of the trust is for the value of the iShares to reflect, at any given time, the price of gold owned by the trust at that time, less the trust's expenses and liabilities. The trust is not actively managed. It does not engage in any activities designed to obtain a profit from, or to ameliorate losses caused by, changes in the price of gold. The trust receives gold deposited with it in exchange for the creation of Baskets of iShares, sells gold as necessary to cover the trust expenses and other liabilities and delivers gold in exchange for Baskets of iShares surrendered to it for redemption.
- 96% Barchart technical buy signal
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- 16 new highs and up 7.90% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 70.85% and rising
- Trades around 15.06% with a 50 day moving average of 14.14
- Investing in commodities through ETFs is a popular way for the individual investor to participate
- 776 readers on Motley Fool give opinions on this ETF
- CAPS members vote 520 to 56 that the gold ETF will out perform the market
- The experienced All Stars think the same with a vote of 184 to 16
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.