This morning while searching on Barchart for stocks having great current momentum I ran across an old favorite - McGraw Hill (MHP). McGraw-Hill Companies Inc. serves business, professional and educational markets around the world with information products and services. Key markets include finance, business, education, construction, medical and health, aerospace and defense. As a multimedia publishing and information company, the company employs a broad range of media, including books, magazines, newsletters, software, online data services, CD-ROMs, facsimile and television broadcasting.
The company is publisher of the popular Standard and Poor's publications. New acquisitions in the energy related information field like Oil Price Information Services should offset some of the problems the company may have as school boards across the country cut back on replacing textbooks, which account for 40% of its revenue.
Momentum looks great (click chart to expand):
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving average
- 9 new highs and up 3.82% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 67.71% and rising
- Trades around 14.08 with a 50 day moving average of 38.90
- Wall Street brokerage analysts have 1 strong buy, 4 buy and 5 hold recommendations published
- Sales are projected to increase by 5.30% this year and another 5.40% next year
- Earnings are forecast to rise 6.70% this year, 10.10% next year and 12.03% annually for the next 5 years.