Even in this weak market Winn-Dixie (NASDAQ:WINN) continues to rise. I must give a disclosure that I did work for Winn-Dixie while in high school. I was a stock clerk at the Cordova Road location in Fort Lauderdale. That was over 45 years ago so I guess I'm no longer an insider. That disclosure is part of why WINN is a turnaround story (and it's not because I'm no longer an employee): They are located in some of the wealthier locations in the Southeast U.S. and as such haven't been as sensitive to rising food prices. Their more affluent customers are able to continue their brand loyalty. The stock price continues to rise.
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Trading above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving average
- 7 new highs and up 17.72% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 66.80% and rising
- Priced around 8.04 with a 50 day moving average of 6.93
- Wall Street brokerage analysts have released 1 strong buy, 1 buy and 4 hold recommendations to their clients
- Although sales are expected to decrease by 5.50% this year they are projected to increase by 2.40% next year
- Grim earnings decreases of 176.90% this year are forecasted to turnaround and increase by 37.50% next year and 7.00% annually for the next 5 years.
- Since this is a regional stock only 332 Motley Fool readers expressed an opinion on this stock
- Of those that did CAPS members voted 211 to 37 that the stock will beat the market
- The All Stars with more experience vote 71 to 13 for the same result.
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.