An S&P 500 company that is generating money like, well, an AMT, is American Tower (AMT). Cell towers are a necessary evil. A conversation I often hear people discussing is their carrier and how many bars they are getting. American Tower builds the towers and then rents bandwidth to the retailers. The company is seriously considering becoming a REIT and cranking out cash flow in the form of cash dividends. I found the company looking on Barchart for companies showing current upward price momentum.
- 100% Barchart short term technical buy signal
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 11 new highs and up 6.18% in just the last month
- Relative Strength Index 62.92% and rising
- Trades around 54.30 with a 50 day moving average of 51.35
- Wall Street brokerages analysts like this stock and have published 7 strong buy,12 buy and 3 hold recommendations for their clients
- Sales increases of 20.00% this year followed by another 10.40% next year are projected
- Earnings estimates are aggressive increases of 6.60% this year, 35.70% next year and 17.82% annually for the next 5 years
- The individual investing public on Motley Fool like this stock and expressed 914 opinions on the site
- The CAPS members vote 653 to 67 that the stock will beat the market
- The more experienced All Stars agree with a 178 to 16 vote
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.