ETF Spotlight on PowerShares Dynamic Retail (NYSEArca: PMR), part of a frequent series.
Assets: $13.1 million
Objective: The PowerShares Dynamic Retail tries to reflect the Dynamic Retail Intellidex Index, which evaluates companies based on fundamental growth, stock valuation, investment timelines and other risk factors, among others.
Holdings: Top holdings include: Walgreen Co. (NYSE: WAG) 5.36%, AutoZone Inc. (NYSE: AZO) 5.22%, Netflix Inc (NasdaqGS: NFLX) 5.21%, Wal-Mart Stores (NYSE: WMT) 5.12% and Costco Wholesale (NasdaqGS: COST) 5.12%.
What You Should Know
- PMR has an expense ratio of 0.63%.
- The fund has 30 holdings.
- Sector allocations include: Consumer Discretionary 53.13%, Consumer Staples 44.17% and Industrials 2.70%.
The Latest News
- Retail ETFs have gotten a boost this week from Kroger (NYSE: KR). The store operator reported strong quarterly earnings.
- The sector ETFs largely ignored a report that U.S. retail sales declined in May.
- Best Buy (NYSE: BBY) and JC Penney (NYSE: JPM) were also in the news this week. JC Penney shares soared Tuesday on word it hired a key Apple executive to take over the reins.
PowerShares Dynamic Retail - (Click to enlarge)
Max Chen contributed to this article.