Google (GOOG) is making news these days.
- In December 2008, Google strikes a strategic advertising agreement with the Hallmark Channel.
- The year 2009 is focused on the development of local search facilities of Google and Google Earth.
- In February 2010, Google acquired On2 Technologies, one of the most popular online video technology companies for $125 million.
- In May 2010, Google launched Google TV with DISH Network, LLC.
- In May 2011, Google launched Google Wallet with Citi (C), MasterCard (MC), Sprint (S) and First Data.
- In September 2011, Google acquired Motorola Mobility Holdings (MMI), ex-part of the Motorola Solutions Inc. for $12.5 billion.
Recently YouTube, owned by Google, moved to buy Delicious from Yahoo (YHOO). If you don't know it, Delicious is one of the most popular social bookmarking sites, apart from StumbleUpon, owned by EBAY, and Slashdot, owned by Geeknet (GKNT).
I always believed internet won't be successful unless social participation is increased, and social media does just that. If you look at the recent data, social media marketing is the way to go.
Google seems to be all set to rule the internet world, and appears on the way in the process to merge the offline and online world together, which will definitely affect the company's revenue and be a positive for the company's future.
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.