David Dreman is the man behind Dreman Value Management. He founded the firm in 1997, as well as its predecessor 20 years earlier. In all this, Dreman still made time to be a regular columnist at Forbes, a tenure that lasted more than 29 years, and publish several books on the contrarian investment strategies that helped him grow his fund to a portfolio value over $5.2 billion. Here are his top 15 positions at the end of June:
1. Anadarko Petroleum Corp (APC): APC has a market cap of $30.13 billion and a price-to-earnings ratio of 35.94. It recently traded at 60.53; its 1-year target estimate is $93.77. APC has a dividend yield of 0.60%. It is also Dreman’s largest position at $51.8 million.
2. Arico Gold, Inc (AUQ): Dreman’s second largest position is Arico Gold. He owns a stake in the company valued at just under $50 million. The position is a new one for Dreman. Trey Reik, Bristol Investment Partners is also a fan.
3. Atwood Oceanics, Inc. (ATW): At $31.98 a share, ATW is currently trading near its 52-week low of $29.48, but it is expected to recover; ATW’s 1-year target estimate is $47.45. It has a PEG of 0.57, indicating it is likely undervalued, and a price-to-earnings ratio of 7.94, pointing to likely strong growth. Dreman has a $48 million position in the company.
4. Hospitality Properties Trust Co. (HPT): HPT is also down right now and trading near the low end of its 52-week range – it recently traded for $19.92/share; its 52-week low is $19/share. Dreman has a $48 million stake in the company.
5. Portland General Electric Co. (POR): POR has a market cap of $1.71 billion and a dividend yield of 4.50%. It is expected to grow from its current trade of $22.75 to $25.50 within the next 12 months. Dreman’s position is currently his fifth largest and valued at $47.9 million.
6. N C R Corp (NCR): NCR has a price-to-earnings ratio of 15.33 and a market cap of $2.51 billion. It recently traded at $15.96. Dreman has a $47.9 million position in the company. Cadian Capital’s Eric Bannasch is also a fan.
7. Healthspring, Inc. (HS): Dreman has a $46.8 million position in HS. The company is currently trading at $34 a share. It has a $2.28 billion market cap and a price-to- earnings ratio of 8.83.
8. Worthington Industries, Inc. (WOR): WOR is Dreman’s eighth largest position at $44.5 million. It is also a new position for Dreman; he bought in during the second quarter. WOR is trading at $13.81 and has a price-to-earnings ratio of 8.66. Its market cap is $967.27 million.
9. Brinks Co. (BCO): BCO has a 1.70% dividend yield and a 15.10 price-to-earnings ratio. Its market cap is $1.06 billion and Dreman owns a $44.5 million position in the company. It recently traded at $22.58.
10. O M Group, Inc. (OMG): OMG has a price-to-earnings ratio of 7.36 and a $800 million market cap. It recently traded at $24.78. Dreman has a position in the company worth $44.7 million.
11. Owens & Minor, Inc. (OMI): Dreman has $44.5 million in OMI. OMI has a 1.73 billion market cap and a price-to-earnings ratio of 15.51. It is currently trading at $27.19 and offers a dividend yield of 2.80%.
12. Barnes Group, Inc. (B): B has a dividend yield of 1.70% and a price-to-earnings ratio of 15.00. It recently traded at $18.32 a share and has a $1.02 billion market cap. Dreman owns a $44 million position in the company.
13. Charles River Labs International, Inc. (CRL): Dreman owns a $43.7 million stake CRL. CRL has a $1.02 billion market cap and recently traded at $27.77 per share. Jana Partners’ Barry Rosenstein is also a fan.
14. Devon Energy Corp (DVN): DVN has a 1.20% dividend yield and a price-to-earnings ratio of 4.09. It has a market cap of $23.14 billion and recently traded for $55.55 a share. Dreman owns a $43.8 million position in DVN.
15. Apache Corp (APA): Dreman has a $43.1 stake in APA. APA recently traded at $78.82 a share and has a 0.70% dividend yield. APA has a $30.26 billion market cap and a price-to-earnings ratio of 7.92.
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.