5 Stocks with strongest performance, based soley on 52 week price change, along with prior close, 5-day change, 4-week change, and market cap.
|Sector||Prior||5 Day||4 Week||52 Week (%) ||Market|
|Healthcare||Biotech & Drugs||80.74||-1.98%||8.54%||429.62|
|Pharmasset, Inc. |
|Healthcare||Biotech & Drugs||41.66||0.39%||-0.36%||301.35|
|Jazz Pharma, Inc. (NASDAQ:JAZZ)||1.7B|
|Healthcare||Medical Equipment & Supplies||36.7||7.25%||3.58%||269.96|
|MAKO Surgical Corp. (NASDAQ:MAKO)||1.5B|
|Healthcare||Biotech & Drugs||9.15||-0.54%||-14.80%||267.47|
|Amarin Corp. plc ADR (NASDAQ:AMRN)||1.2B|
|Consumer Non Cyclical||Food Processing||92.06||-0.95%||-13.49%||228.32|
|Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc. (NASDAQ:GMCR)||14.1B|
- Pharmasset, Inc. (VRUS) is a a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company, focuses on discovering, developing, and commercializing novel drugs to treat viral infections. It has a 1 year price target of $93.9 (16.30% upside potential). Although there may be a bright future for this company as shown in its exponential growth it does come with its set of risks. The ROA is -31.66% and ROE is -57.6%. The beta is 1.12.
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (JAZZ) is a specialty pharmaceutical company, engages in the identification, development, and commercialization of pharmaceutical products to meet unmet medical needs. It has a 1 year price target of $54 (29.62% upside potential). ROA is 41.47% and ROE is 217.44%, Diluted EPS is 2.02, but Beta is 2.43.
- MAKO Surgical Corp. (MAKO) is a medical device company, markets its advanced robotic arm solution and orthopedic implants for orthopedic procedures in the United States and internationally. Although it does have a strong 52-week growth its ROA is -24.18% and ROE is -42.66%, diluted EPS is -1.05, but what I love about this company is no debt and a beta of 0.02.
- Amarin Corporation plc ADR (AMRN) is a clinical-stage bio-pharmaceutical company, focuses on developing treatments for cardiovascular diseases. It has a 1 year price target of $24.88 (171.91% upside potential). Currently the diluted EPS is -3.37, but this company has 131.45M in cash and only 478K in debt. It is an Irish company, so with the trouble in Europe carries some risk, but with risk comes great reward, hence the upside potential from the 1 year price target.
- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc. (GMCR) is into primarily the specialty coffee and coffee maker business. The company sources, produces, and sells approximately 200 varieties of coffee, cocoa, teas, and other beverages in K-Cup portion packs and coffee in traditional packaging, including whole bean and ground coffee selections in bags and ground coffee in fractional packs for use in at-home and away-from-home. The 1 year price target is $121.5 (31.98% upside potential). ROA is 9.81% and ROE is 12.18%. The only thing, however, that does worry me about this company is its debt to equity ratio of 23.40. If it can get its debt under control and continue to see a profit margin in excess of 6.54% it should be a contender (especially with the price of coffee on the incline).